Pukka – Wholistic Turmeric Capsules
Wholistic™ Turmeric is a broad-spectrum formula that contains the highest organic grade, sustainably cultivated and fairly traded herbs, carefully selected to bring you the full potential of nature’s goodness.
Pukka Wholistic™ Turmeric capsules retain curcuminoids, turmeric essential oils and a full range of turmeric actives. This means we harness the effects of all 200 of turmeric’s bioactive compounds, not just those of the curcuminoids.
What is turmeric good for?
The health benefits of turmeric are vast and include:
- Turmeric actively inhibits inflammatory pathways within the body, making turmeric a first choice for inflammations of the musculoskeletal system and the digestive system.
- Research has shown that turmeric impacts upon certain pain receptors within the body; it has been demonstrated as being particularly effective for chest and abdominal pain, frozen shoulder and menstrual cramping.
- Turmeric contains some very potent polyphenols, also known as antioxidants, which have the ability to protect cellular DNA and repair any existing damage from environmental carcinogens, for example.
- Turmeric has a significant action upon the heart and the circulation. It will improve the flow of blood to the heart and encourage anti-platelet activity, reducing the risk of plaque build up in the arteries.
- Turmeric also improves blood flow through the liver, improving the efficacy of liver detoxification pathways but also stimulating cellular repair mechanisms in damaged liver cells. This improvement in blood flow and quality impacts significantly upon the quality of the skin, and turmeric can therefore be an excellent remedy for any afflictions of the skin.
- In the digestive system, turmeric helps balance levels of bacteria, supporting a healthy digestive environment.
Part of the reason is down to the characteristically strong yellow colour of this incredible root. These yellow pigments are collectively known as curcuminoids. The root is also brimming with essential oils knowns as tumerones. The curcuminoids and the turmerones work together within the body as powerful antioxidants helping to attack nasty free radicals which can damage and age our bodies. They also stimulate a healthy inflammation response whilst enhancing circulation, protecting the brain, rejuvenating the liver and targeting pain.
Spirulina has been around for a long time, evolving over three billion years ago and is one of the earliest life-forms on Earth. And it’s no wonder it’s survived so long with its incredible nutritional profile; spirulina contains 60% protein, is packed with beta-carotene and other vitamins and minerals, is high in GLA (or Gamma Linoleic Acid to give it its full name) and contains a remarkable blue-green pigment called phycocyanin.
Ginger Zingiber officinale is a herbaceous perennial that produces spicy rhizomes that have both culinary and medicinal uses. Grown all over the tropical world ginger produces a spicy root that is hot and nourishing. The ginger we useis grown in India where where it soaks up the sun giving it intense heat and in the roots. Ginger is fantastically warming and pungent. Its spicy nature makes it an excellent aid for healthy digestion, bright eyes and warm hands.
Also known as ‘long pepper’, pippali is an aromatic small climber that thrives in the shade and humidity of the forests of India. The catkin-like fruits are used in Ayurvedic living a bit like black pepper, to warm and invigorate. With each low-growing plant producing just a few fruits at a time they are a real labour of love to collect. But it’s worth it as they fetch a high price and deliver a pungency so hot that they would warm the coldest of colds.
Nutrigest™ is a unique herbal formulation with Seaweed, Spirulina and Ginger blended to help you get the most out of your Wholistic blends. Seaweed and Spirulina are incredibly nutrient dense and Ginger is wonderfully warming, helping to assist assimilation. The combination of these three ingredients helps to boost the body’s absorption capacity. The seaweed is sourced from northern artic waters and is considered to be one of the most nutritious vegetables on the planet as it uptakes a diverse range of minerals from the sea. Spirulina is a form of blue-green algae that is one of the earliest photosynthesizing species. It is dense with protein, B vitamins and beta-carotene and we get ours from an organic sun-soaked farm in India. Ginger is indigenous to southern Asia and is famous for its hot and spicy taste that awakens digestion. This unique trio in Nutrigest™ ensures that you get the most from your Pukka formulas.
Please note: Food supplements are not intended to prevent, treat, or diagnose any medical conditions. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medication or have a medical condition before use. Always read the label.