Pukka – Turmeric Brainwave
Our mind is constantly being stimulated by the fast-paced energy of modern life, however this can leave us feeling unfocussed and struggling to spark those brainwaves. Turmeric Brainwave helps the mind to break through the noise of modern life, restoring our concentration and motivation. Whether you’re suffering from exam stress, work demands, poor memory or succumbing to age, Pukka’s incredible blend of herbs including Brahmi can help you meet challenges head on.
Brahmi and Gotu Kola are two of Ayurveda’s supreme rejuvenators of the mind. They enhance circulation to help improve memory, learning ability and concentration. They also help create an illuminating sense of calm, keeping you level-headed.
Pukka’s organic Turmeric Brainwave uses a unique extraction process to obtain Wholistic™ Turmeric which retains all 200+ active compounds. This ensures a powerful, concentrated extract that maximises the synergistic benefits.
Turmeric is one of Pukka’s hero herbs. The potential health benefits of this vibrant root for our own wellbeing are vast and there have been countless pieces of research which demonstrate this.
Turmeric is well known as a spice used in Indian cuisine. In fact, its traditional Indian uses span far beyond this: it’s been used for centuries to help keep the skin pure, the blood clean and the life long.
In traditional Indian herbal medicine (known as Ayurveda), turmeric has been used to help maintain healthy blood, skin, circulation and as a nourishment to feed the whole body. Could the key to the population of India having one of the lowest rates of chronic degenerative diseases in the world be due to their huge consumption of this incredible spice?
So why’s turmeric so special?
Part of the reason is down to the characteristically strong yellow colour of this incredible root. These yellow pigments are collectively known as curcuminoids. The root is also brimming with essential oils knowns as tumerones. The curcuminoids and the turmerones work together within the body as powerful antioxidants helping to attack nasty free radicals which can damage and age our bodies. They also stimulate a healthy inflammation response whilst enhancing circulation, protecting the brain, rejuvenating the liver and targeting pain.
What is turmeric good for?
The health benefits of turmeric are vast and include:
- Turmeric actively inhibits inflammatory pathways within the body, making turmeric a first choice for inflammations of the musculoskeletal system and the digestive system.
- Research has shown that turmeric impacts upon certain pain receptors within the body; it has been demonstrated as being particularly effective for chest and abdominal pain, frozen shoulder and menstrual cramping.
- Turmeric contains some very potent polyphenols, also known as antioxidants, which have the ability to protect cellular DNA and repair any existing damage from environmental carcinogens, for example.
- Turmeric has a significant action upon the heart and the circulation. It will improve the flow of blood to the heart and encourage anti-platelet activity, reducing the risk of plaque build up in the arteries.
- Turmeric also improves blood flow through the liver, improving the efficacy of liver detoxification pathways but also stimulating cellular repair mechanisms in damaged liver cells. This improvement in blood flow and quality impacts significantly upon the quality of the skin, and turmeric can therefore be an excellent remedy for any afflictions of the skin.
- In the digestive system, turmeric helps balance levels of bacteria, supporting a healthy digestive environment.